If satisfying 99.9 percent of your customers is good enough then …
• 12 Newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day.
• 114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes will be shipped each year.
• 18,322 pieces of mail will be mishandled every hour.
• 2.5 million books will ship with the wrong covers.
• Each day, two planes that land at O'Hare will be unsafe.
• 315 words in Webster's Dictionary will be misspelled.
• 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions will be written this year.
• 5.5 million cases of soda won't have any "fizz."
• 291 pacemaker operations will be performed incorrectly.
• 3,056 copies of tomorrow's Wall Street Journal will be missing one of the three sections.
• 880,000 credit cards in circulation will turn out to have incorrect cardholder information on their magnetic strips.
We’re just saying …