1. Make your store easier to shop: Take your store blueprint (or create one on your computer if you don’t have one) to a copy shop and blow it up to poster size. Make several copies, and place them in sign holders near the shopping carts and/or baskets, and in key places throughout the store.
2. Hang this week’s ad or circular on a bulletin board, or sign holder, and place it near the front of the store, just past the Decompression Zone. This is important for customers who may have missed it in the paper or never saw it in the first place. Have extra copies on hand for customers to take with them while they shop.
3. Make a list of this week’s sale items and place the list in brochure holders throughout the store. Keep copies at each checkout as well.
4. If you run a coupon sale make sure that you have extras at each checkout for customers who don’t have them. You want to lose a customer? Tell her she can’t have the coupon everyone else has.
5. Hold daily meetings so that associates know what’s going on in the store. If you can’t do a meeting, then make a daily “Pre-Opening Checklist” of things associates need to know and post it near the time clock.